Prep time- 10 mins
Cook time- 25 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn (I used canned and drained)
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ cup Tex Mex cheese (or cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional – hot pepper (serrano, poblane, depending on the heat level you want – full list here chilli pepper madness)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Add corn and hot pepper and cook until corn starts to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cheese, parsley, sour cream and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Add corn mixture and chopped tomatoes and stir until it’s well mixed. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with additional cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the top is golden.