TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
MAKES: 4 servings
An easy way to may a deconstructed pork egg roll. No fuss and all the yums! So simple and delicious! Substituted are also listed below for vegan and other good things to add to this simple and healthy recipe.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head) OR pre-packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 3 green stick onions, thinly sliced
- Optional – scrambled egg, pan fried tofu
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook and crumble pork until browned, 4-6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, garlic and seasonings. Add cabbage and carrots; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain and immediately add to pork mixture, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with green stick onions. If desired, serve with additional soy sauce, but watch the sodium!
Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 302 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.